About the Lodge
Owner’s House, Lodge and Farm House are all part of the unique Morukuru Family experience. The Villas as we call them, all operate on an exclusive use basis, so there are never any other guests besides you and those you choose to accompany you. You'll not only have the entire property to yourself, but personal staff to attend to your every whim. Even more wonderful are the utterly private safaris - your personal game ranger, works with a gifted tracker bringing you the very best that there is to offer at Madikwe Game reserve. There are no set schedules at Morukuru, you are the masters of your stay with us and have complete freedom to do as you wish, when you wish!
Morukuru Owners House
We accept a min of 2 guests at Owners House and maximum of 4 guests.
The Owner’s House is our premier villa and embraces all that is luxury. Our arrival bridge that takes you straight to the entrance of Owners House, is what we conisder the start of our “red carpet treatment” and you are immediately enveloped in the lavishness as you walk into you very own bush villa. The home is adorned in silk and handmade fabrics of the highest quality. Even though this is a two bedroom villa it is our largest and most spacious riverside bush home with a library, top of the range digital equipment, a prestigious wine cellar and many comfortable spaces to unwind and relax in. The outdoor space is equally impressive with a 14meter pool, a romantic tree top tsala, a boma for starlit dining and an outside bath for a romantic and tranquil bathing experience.
- The Villa can accommodate 4 guests in two spacious, beautifully appointed en-suite king sized bedrooms
- The suites consist of sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies in the green canopy of the trees
- The Villa is fully air-conditioned and also offers the option of ceiling fans, there are guest safes, home office facilities and an impressive digital
- The very stylish centre of the Owners home includes an elegant dining room, a plush lounge and a fully equipped private kitchen from where all our catering is done and to which the guests are welcome to a constant supply of snacks, teas and coffees
- State of the art Wine Cellar featuring some of South Africa’s greatest estate wines
- An outdoor bath under the starlit sky for those favouring a more intrepid style of bathing
- A heated pool and private outdoor tsala where guests can enjoy time relaxing or having lantern lit dinners
We accept groups from 4 guests up to 10 guests
(maximum 6 adults and 4 small children)
The Villa can accommodate 6 adults and 4 junior guests
- The 3 suites are adorned with king sized beds, sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies.
- Junior guests are accommodated in our kids’ room (also used as a study) which is equipped with facilities such as television, a DVD player and board games.
- The Villa is fully air-conditioned and also offers the option of ceiling fans, guest safes, internet , satellite television, small library of topical books and a selection of DVD’s and CD’s
- A heated infinity pool with inviting lounges, a boma for bonfire feasts, wooden veranda with romantic nooks and cosy views of the Marico river and an al fresco dining garden make this Villa a true haven
- The living space consists of a dining room, lounge, double view fire place and fully equipped kitchen which is available to guests at all times for snacks and drinks at their leisure and of their choice.
We accept groups from 4 guests up to 10 guests
- The 5 double suites are airy bright and all have their own en suite bathrooms with beautiful glass doors and windows that open out onto the bush
- Tastefully decorated with amusing pieces of carefully selected furniture and items, makes this villa one of a kind
- Morukuru Farmhouse includes all the same features as those you will find at Owners House and Lodge but with a modern “new bush” design and amazing green eco settings
- Once again Farmhouse will be booked under the famous Morukuru concept – exclusive use & fully inclusive basis
- Pools, ponds, wine cellar, open kitchen, lounge, dining room, courtyards, dining gardens and fireplace, this lodge has been built with “Green” in mind and is perfect for families and small groups of friends
Morukuru is extremely child friendly as we welcome children of all ages. We have based our whole ethos around hosting families or groups of close friends. Our junior guests are allowed on game drives throughout the Madikwe Reserve and are able to enjoy every magical aspect of being on safari with their parents. Our children receive a Morukuru Kidz Backpack filled with Safari treasures. We offer the service of a Nanny for those parents that wish to have a little time to themselves allowing them to relax knowing their children are being cared for. Children are kept busy with baking, kiddie-adventures, swimming, fishing and much more.
Food and Wine
Our chefs are meticulously trained and can provide a wide array of catering options from traditional, formal and nouvelle cuisine to utterly relaxed and casual snacks on demand and everything in between.We encourage our guests to eat al fresco as much as our beautiful African weather allows and believe that every meal is an occasion. Guests are also able to personally select wines from our wine cellar to accompany and compliment their meals.
Facilities and Activities
Morukuru is entirely centered on guest experience and delighting them. We can offer game drives, bush walks (children under 16 will have bush walks on non big five private Morukuru property), fishing, birdwatching, fun outdoor mini-adventures like supervised exploring for junior guests, romantic starlit
sleepovers at the double-storey bird hide for adults, creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside. Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village are also a firm favourite. We also offer guests the possibility of having massages during their stay with our onsite therapists.
>> To see where Madikwe River Lodge is in relationship to all the other lodges in Madikwe click here
>> Click here to download a pdf document with directions to Morukuru Family
Transfers can be arranged from within South Africa and from Botswana.
These can be booked through us.
There is a scheduled Federal Air flight that flies in and out of the Reserve daily. Should you wish to charter a plane to suit your own time frame this can be arranged through Madikwe Charters.
From Johannesburg head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll road. Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust. Once in Zeerust turn right at the second stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left. that says "Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone" and a First National Bank on the corner to the right. Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km. The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate. The second gate to the reserve is the Wonderboom Gate exactly 7 km from the first gate.